Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gossamer

Where do dreams come from? What stealthy nighttime messengers are the guardians of our most deeply hidden hopes and our half-forgotten fears? Drawing on her rich imagination, two-time Newbery winner Lois Lowry confronts these questions and explores the conflicts between the gentle bits and pieces of the past that come to life in dream, and the darker horrors that find their form in nightmare. In a haunting story that tiptoes between reality and imagination, two people—a lonely, sensitive woman and a damaged, angry boy—face their own histories and discover what they can be to one another, renewed by the strength that comes from a tiny, caring creature they will never see.

Hey Lizzie,

After hearing you read to Jack and me at your house I knew I had to get you a book for Christmas. You are such a good reader! I think you are going to enjoy Gossamer, it’s a lot of fun to read and it really makes you think. J I thought it would also be fun to read it together and post our thoughts on this blog; it will be our own little book club! What do you think? We will need your mom’s help so that you can write on the blog (Christy: I didn’t know how to set it up so that multiple people could post). 

I vote you to be Book Club President. That means you decide when we start reading the book, how many pages we read at a time and what we talk about on the blog. J  If you are currently reading another book we can wait until you are done. No rush, you’re the boss. ;) Just e-mail me at mlolson@coe.edu or meganlillianolson@gmail.com and tell me when to start.

Merry Christmas!

Megan 

No comments: